The interest rates we advertise are annual interest rates, so each week on Friday at 11:00:00 we calculate all interest according to prices at that moment.
Our interest calculation schedule is as follows:
- Interest accrual period: Friday 05:00:00 UTC to Friday 04:59:59 UTC.
- Interest calculation price snapshot: Friday 11:00:00 UTC
- Interest payment day: Monday, no set time.
Interest in-kind example:
- BTC price: 7500 €
- The interest rate on BTC: 4.50%
- BTC deposit balance: 1
- Celsius use the weekly compounded interest formula:
P * (1 + r / n ) ^ n
In the case of Celsius:
Number of BTC * ( 1 + ( Interest rate / Number of weeks in a year )) ^ Number of weeks in a year
- 1 BTC * (1 + 0.045 / 52) ^ 52 = 1.0460075 BTC ← balance after a year
- 1.0460075 BTC - 1 BTC = 0.0460075 BTC
- 0.460075 BTC = 345,05 € ← per year in compounded interest
You can use our interest calculator by clicking on this link.