This article is only relevant if you created a Bitwala wallet before January 2018.
If you wish to recover the Bitwala wallet that you created alongside your current Bitwala account, please see this article.
This article details how to recover your old Bitwala wallet that you used through this page.
What you’ll need
- The backup PDF you generated when you created your wallet
How to do it
- Go to this page, enter your wallet passphrase and copy your wallet passcode
- Go to the BitGo Recovery tool. You can either use the online version or for even greater security, you can run it offline.
- First form field: Enter the wallet passcode you got from the popup on the Bitwala page
- Second, Third and Forth form fields: Copy and paste the data next to the QR codes into the form for the top three QR codes
- Fifth field: Enter your new Bitcoin address (to send funds to another Bitcoin wallet)