All European residents who are looking for a blockchain banking solution may sign up. We cannot currently offer our services to U.S. persons.
To open a Bitwala account, you must be:
- A resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- Hold an accepted (valid) identification document
- Hold a Proof of Address (POA) document
Before using your Bitwala account, it is required to verify your identity via IDnow. To ensure the highest level of security on your account, we partner with IDnow to avoid identity theft and comply with German law.
To start the call, please make sure you have the following ready at hand:
- An Accepted Passport or Identity Card.
- A Printed Copy of your Proof of Address (If Applicable). Find out what type of proof of address documents are accepted by clicking here.
Please note: Only sign-ups from individuals who were accepted by the IDnow verification process are eligible to open an account.