Immediately after opening the account, the Two-Factor-Authentication (2FA) is not yet activated, the field can be ignored when logging in for the first time.
To enable Two-Factor-Authentication (2FA) on your Bitwala account, you must install an authenticator app on your mobile phone or tablet. The authenticator generates frequently a one-time password e.g. every 30 seconds.
We recommend the Google Authenticator app because it is easy to use, highly secure and the industry standard.
Once you have downloaded an authenticator app, follow the steps below.
1. Log in to your Bitwala account
2. Go to the 'Control Centre'
3. Go to 'Two Factor Authentication' (it should show 2FA disabled)
4. Click 'Enable'
5. Note the backup code or safe/print the QR code and store it in a safe place.
Now you can restore the 2FA access with a new smartphone if you will lose your current.
6. Scan the QR code with the authenticator app and enter a one-time passcode