If the linked smartphone is stolen, lost, or simply no longer works, the funds in your Ethereum Vault can easily be imported into MetaMask and managed from there.
MetaMask is a wallet in the form of a browser plug-in that allows you to interact with the Ethereum blockchain and manage the private keys of your Ethereum Vault.
Therefore, never give the seed key to anyone else.
The words that create this key can be used to access your Ethereum Vault, so they should always be stored securely and for only you to see. The seed key cannot be changed and cannot be restored.
To regain access to the contents of your Ethereum Vault, simply follow these steps:
- Go to the official MetaMask page and click on Download.
- Select your preferred browser, e.g. Chrome, and click Install MetaMask for Chrome.
- Instead of creating a new account, choose the option Import wallet
- Click I Agree, and then enter the seed phrase of your Ethereum Vault in the correct order while keeping a space between each word.
- Make sure to set up a strong password to access your Metamask account
- Click Confirm Secret Recovery Phrase and import.
That’s it! Your Ethereum Vault has been successfully imported and you can use it without restrictions.